Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Knot


I'm sure most of you have heard of it. And if not, maybe you've seen their signs on the front doors of some of your favorite restaurants or a local flower shop. TheKnot.com is the hottest place for everything wedding advice.

Upon visiting the site today (no, I'm not getting married!) I noticed at the bottom that you can input your wedding date and it gives you a FREE personalized to-do checklist. In order to do this, I had to register for the site (and from an e-mail marketing professional standpoint, that's great!). You could register as a bride, groom, professional, bridesmaid, groomsman, etc. I registered as a professional, and selected wedding planner (trying to live my dream a little bit).

So, I'm going through and making up information. They ask what kind of wedding you're having, color scheme, and if its a religious/ethnic wedding. So, I chose a few random ones--I selected a Catholic, vintage wedding with a green and ivory color scheme.

Finally, once I got through this sign up (I could select some pretty neat offers, too), I got to see my checklist. Now, personally, I love checklists. And this one had literally everything! It separated it month by month, and wouldn't have a task disappear until it was checked off (but they never disappeared--just hid!)

After signing up and looking through the checklist, I noticed on the sidebar you could create a budget, your "save the dates", create a guest list and shopping list, among other things. This site has everything and anything you could think of about a wedding. I think this site is the perfect training document for any up-and-coming wedding planner!

One last thing about the knot. As a fashionably challenged individual (if you've lived with me, or know me in any way, shape or form, you know I would live in sweats if I could), I loved the feature that helped you pick wedding color schemes. From cakes, to dresses, to shoes, to centerpieces, this helps you design your perfect day.

Does anyone know of a site like that to help me find a new wardrobe?

Eventfully Yours,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment