Sunday, April 18, 2010

Intercontinental, Boston

So I got to treat myself like I was on vacation last night. Living right outside of Boston, I never get to experience the touristy side and stay in the hotels. Last night, my girlfriends and I got to spend a complimentary night at the Intercontinental Hotel in Boston, MA. This was one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in.


Ok so I shamelessly admit that I did not take this picture--and that was not the room we stayed in. We had a double suite, with two double beds, a view of the harbor and a wet bar. I took this picture from the website because for some reason the only pictures I took were those of the bathroom (which I was very impressed with):



We had some of the best hotel service I've ever experience at the Intercontinental. The woman who checked us in at the front desk was so friendly and helpful when it came for information about the valet service. At 3am, when we realized that we had only feather pillows and some of us were allergic, we called housekeeping and they were at our doors with cotton pillows and toothpaste for us within ten minutes. When we were trying to figure out how to get down to the valet station, the concierge was so polite and prompt in his answer, with flawless directions. The gentlemen at the valet service were also extremely helpful, making sure none of us were carrying our bags. That's always a nice extra gesture.

The hotel was just gorgeous, and employed some of the most friendly people I've ever met. Seeing a group of 6 girls in their 20's walking through a hallway on a Saturday night would give most hotel employees nerves about what the night was going to bring. We saw about 5 or 6 employees on our adventure to our room, and every single one of us greeted us warmly with a smile and a "how do you do?"

Although I believe this hotel is a little more on the expensive side, I would give it a 5 star rating. Nothing about this place left a sour taste.

Have any hotels or other venues you loved, or maybe didn't love? Let me know! I'm looking for my first celebrity blogger!

Eventfully Yours,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment