Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Gansevoort Hotel, NYC

I've dropped off the blog-o-sphere. Again. I'm sorry. I know it contradicts one of my last posts about my New Years Resolution, and all I can say is sorry. And of course, now all of the topics I have to write about are outdated - but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

I've been looking through my planner trying to decide what to tell you about - events I've been to, venues I've seen...and a notable venue that I visited was way back in December, but it's still there, so why not give it a review? The Gansevoort Hotel in the Meatpacking District in NYC.

I like to visit NYC as much as possible. Don't get me wrong - I love Boston, but there's just something about the atmosphere of New York that's just so....well, so New York. I really don't know how else to describe it.

Last December, we had a gorgeous day and even better night, and instead of hitting up your standard club scene, I was taken to the Gansevoort Hotel...I was a little leery of going to a hotel bar, thinking it will be full of corporate travelers or the older, rich crowd, but I was pleasantly surprised by the young, yet classy, NYC crowd.


Sadly, my camera wasn't behaving this evening, so I don't have any pictures. All pictures here have been taken from the hotel website itself. But walking into this penthouse, roofdeck bar is what I have always pictured as quintessential New York City. Dark room, uplighting, lounge seating, and beautiful, fancy people everywhere. Of course though, drinks were $13 each. Yikes!

Although I only spent a few hours at the hotel, it was one of the nicer NYC evenings I've ever had. Great atmosphere, excellent music, and at least the drinks were worth what you paid for them. Table service was also an option, which is great if you don't want to leave the one you're with and wait at the bar.
 
It was a nice break from the crazy NYC club scene and gave for a nice place to relax and hangout with a group or even for a date (although the music could get quite loud)! I don't usually like to make repeat appearances when there is so much to see, but I'm hoping I get to the Gansevoort Hotel again very soon.


Eventfully Yours,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment