Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Way To Celebrate Your Wedding

I feel very much like Carrie Bradshaw as I sit here and write this from my fancy desk at the Intercontinental Hotel in Montreal. I'm sitting here looking out the window onto the city street, with a stylish lamp, cell phone and landline phone. Almost makes me feel like a real journalist.

Anyways, I'm sure most of you have heard of this new phenomenon of the "Flash Mob". It seemed to really get huge when the Black Eyed Peas coordinated one with about 20,000 people in Chicago for Oprah's 24th season anniversary to I've Got A Feelin'. Start by watching the girl in the front do some sort of crazy dance, all on her own. If you haven't watched this, I seriously recommend that you do. Best part was that Oprah didn't have a clue.

According to Wikipedia, a Flash Mob is defined as a group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then disperse.

The idea of a flash mob as a celebration, or just random, is a different one. It's fun to see the reactions to the people that don't know what's going on, and even better to watch their faces as it comes to an end.

Everyone has their own style. Some people like the idea of a beach wedding...a destination wedding...or a traditional ceremonial wedding. Unfortunately since I don't own this video, I can't put it right on this page. A FLASH MOB WEDDING is one I've never heard of before, but whatever floats your boat, right? At least they were still able to incorporate a flower girl into the mix.

What's the craziest / most unique wedding idea you've had or seen?

Eventfully Yours,
Megan

P.S. - Eventfully Yours is now on Twitter! Please follow @Eventfully_YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment